It includes several procedures destined to restore health to the patient’s mouth and make them aware to its key role in maintaining this state:
- Tartar removal
- Subgingival curettage
- Teaching techniques of brushing / flossing
- Topical application of fluoride and sealants (children)
- Fillings with various materials from composites (esthetic) to amalgam (reserved for some cases of posterior teeth, poor aesthetics but greater longevity)
- Inlays-onlays and ceramic overlays: esthetic and durable but more expensive solution.
Endodontics (root canal treatment)
- Performed by an expert in the area (endodoncist)
- When caries are so deep that they reach the dental pulp (nerve) the only way to keep the tooth is a root canal.
- The treatment involves removing the pulp (nerve), channel /channels preparation and sealing with inert material.
- Typically requires 2 sessions.
- Extractions of impacted teeth
- Cysts surgery
- Soft tissue surgery
- Gingival plastic surgery
- Gingival grafts
- Periodontal pockets surgery